Tuesday, July 16, 2013

AM I READY TO TRY PAINTING AGAIN?

My Buddy Meka
Thank god I have my little buddy Meka to take care of. Since I lost my husband three months ago to cancer and actually prior to that while I was caring for him, I stopped painting. I stopped doing much of anything to tell you the truth, because I wanted to spend every minute I could with him. I miss my husband every day, sometimes I even think I hear him outside the door, but I don't, not really. So, by having my little pug dog, a little being to take care of and at least I am forced outside each day for him.

I'm so thankful too, for my loving daughter who reaches out to me from far away and some amazing friends, near and far. One of the artists I made friends with online actually sends me a notecard almost every day. Sometimes that short note is all I need to get moving a bit and I appreciate her for caring so much.

Another very good friend locally has even encouraged me out a few times lately. We are going to try painting outside at a lovely park tomorrow. I hope I'm ready for it, I'm going to take my small pochade-box and some oil paints and give it a try. It'll be my first time with a brush in my hand this year.

I'm kind of a loner too, I know many artists are, so if you read this post, thanks so much. Its my way of keeping in touch in a way that I can handle right now. Wish me luck with the painting.

9 comments:

  1. I am so thankful see this post and to know that you are trying hard to get back into your art. If anything can it may help you deal with the terribly sad loss of losing your beloved husband.
    Buddy Meka and painting - together a winning combination!
    Sending a hug and hope to see more of your amazing art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, you are always so supportive and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. When I need to be cheered up I just visit your blog and admire your lovely paintings. One of these days I'll get the ones I bought from you framed. Aloha.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read about your loss. Thoughts are with you and do hope your back to painting, soon. We are a pug loving family...glad you've got one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much, and you are right pugs are great. I don't know what I would do without him. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Please accept my heartfelt condolences - I am sorry to hear you lost your husband and i can imagine how much you must miss him. Please take care and wish you luck with painting again. i like your fiber arts and I hope you will continue with art in some form or other! Once again, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meera. I will try to paint and also do some more fiber work and will post once I have something decent.

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen,
    I am so very, very sorry.
    But I am glad you have Meka to care for and love, and your friends there and your daughter, of course.
    My thoughts are with you, and I wish you well in your painting sessions.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn for the thoughts. Everyone has been so kind. I still check your blog from time to time. I really enjoy it. In fact I'm going to check in right now. Aloha.

      Delete
  5. Well - are you painting? I think of you such a lot.
    My hubby has been sick so that may be why. he is coming along okay.
    If you want a trip to the mainland and desert... then let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my Paintings and Photographs. I love the feedback.