Monday, March 4, 2013

Painting or lack of it Update

Taking a little time this morning to send out a Thank You to all my followers and everyone who has peeked into my blog and sent me personal messages in regards to my paintings. I have so appreciated the communications and some of the friendships I've made online with other artists and my clients.

I have been unable to complete much in the way of paintings for a while now. My husband has been very ill for some time and has sometimes been unable to function much. We were hopeful because he seemed to get better for a while, but now he's getting worse again. Over the past year we've spent quite a bit of time in Dr's offices and treatment centers and it looks like that will continue for a while yet.

I probably won't be posting too often at all and mainly the fiber arts and crafts that I can take along on appointments to work on, so I hope my painting fans will bear with me. The paintings just are not coming right now. I started a separate blog for the fiber arts and photography, but then realized its just too much right now and shut it down. My focus now has to be helping my husband and looking after all the day to day things he can no longer do.

Again - Thanks so much everyone for being interested in my work.

Aloha,

Colleen

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the contact, Colleen. I have been anxious. You are a loving and nurturing spouse and he is a lucky man to have a devoted wife. Your art will always be with you and maybe you can do what I did when I had my mothers illness to take care of. I took a little sketchbook to every appointment, and she would also let me draw her or parts of her, hands, shoes, face etc. It kept my hand and eye coordination going.
    Will be sending prayers for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I know all your friends here thank you for this note.
    Just focus on your husband and yourself right now. My thoughts and caring are with both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts Katherine.

      Delete
  3. Thank you to everyone who sent me personal email messages of support. It helps to know so many people are thinking of my husband and I while we go through this process.

    Mahalo,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, I am really sorry to hear this! I hope he gets better soon... It is times like this that support and care from loved ones that count the most! You are a great partner for sticking with him in difficult situations...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my Paintings and Photographs. I love the feedback.