Sunday, September 9, 2012

SLOW ART UPDATE FROM COLLEEN SANCHEZ

ORIGINAL GRAPHITE DRAWING IN PROGRESS
Hope to finish in a few more days so I can work on my other ongoing projects.


I'm thinking lately this is turning into a slow art blog. Even though I've been devoting many, many hours to my art work, the drawing is slow. I'm loving it though. All the painting plans I thought were so important to me earlier this year seemed to get moved to the back burner. This very detailed gladiola drawing is very involved, very detailed. The work in shading to create the volume is something one must have lots of patience for, and I do. 

I found another gorgeous bunch of pink glads the other day and thought of getting lots of photos in different set ups, some small sketches and color notes down before they die off. So with the pencil work, the studies of the new flowers and my rose color pencil/ watercolor piece I've completely filled up most of the hours in each day lately.

With the painting I was kind of stuck at some kind of plateau, so maybe going back to the basics of drawing for a while  will be a good thing. Might even help my work with painting move forward a bit when I next pick up a paint brush.

Sometimes the problem with artists is we just have way too many ideas rolling around the gray matter and never enough hours in the day to work on everything. I guess thats why I'm hoping to stay healthy in order to work on art for the rest of my life. I can't imagine doing anything else now, either making art or reading about art. Thanks for visiting and happy art gazing or art doing.


The blooms are starting to fade already so I'm trying to work as quickly as I can .

Trimmed off the dead ones so I could focus on final color notes for as many parts of the plant as I can before the whole bunch has died out.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, This is simply gorgeous. Your drawing skills are so good I am going to pass this on to the artists in my drawing class. The simplicity of your design is perfect for these tall beauties.
    I have gone back over some of your last posts and want to congratulate you on getting into the show - the pieces are truly amazing, the work you did to help with the show and to tell you the quality of your other pieces on the blog are truly wonderful and very professional.
    I have been missing your blog and
    I just found out that even though I have you on my Reader list I do not always "see" your work and it is because I have to click to "see more." which is printed very small below the last one on the page. Putting this in for anyone else as computer dumb as myself to know where to look.
    Hope your husband is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I hope you know how much I always appreciate your supportive comments. Thanks so much for sharing my drawing with the art class. I'm hoping to finish it this week. Just a few more blooms and then some soft background shadows.
      I look at your work as often as I can. I just admire your continued experimentation, it takes a lot of courage to do that. And I love my three paintings from you. One of these days I have to choose the frames and get them hung.
      Hubby is doing OK.
      Have a great week Julie.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Colleen. You sound very happy and fulfilled with your art right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn. I'm trying to work on the pieces I really love right now.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on my Paintings and Photographs. I love the feedback.