Wednesday, August 29, 2012

PAINTING AND DRAWING UPDATE FROM COLLEEN SANCHEZ

Whew, the best laid plans don't always work out. My summer painting plans just didn't come off as anticipated. My husband and I have had one challenge after another to contend with this summer, thats for sure. I won't go into details here because we all have our stories, but I'm feeling fortunate to have a few close friends and family who are so supportive. Sometimes there might also be another plan for us and we just need to work through whatever life throws our way.

Here is an update on what I'm trying to  work on lately when i can, its just less than I thought and slower. Good news though - 2 of my paintings have been juried ( Robert O'Brien ) into the Hawaii Watercolor Society 2012 Open Show. It'll be a great celebration too - its the 50th Anniversary of our society so we'll be having a great party for opening night, September 27th at the Main Gallery of the Honolulu Museum Art School. Can't wait to see the show set up next month.

When I can work on my full sheet portrait again I'll update that too. I really need a good block of time to work on that painting so it works out the way I want.

DRAWING IS A COMFORTING ACTIVITY
THIS IS A MIXED MEDIA WATERCOLOR AND ARTIST COLOR PENCILS
I'M TRYING IT ON FABRIANO HP WATERCOLOR PAPER, NEXT I'LL BE  USING THE COLOR PENCILS FOR THE FLOWERS AND MAIN LEAVES. THE CHALLENGE WILL BE SOFTENING SOME OF THE COLOR PENCIL INTO THE WATERCOLOR BACKGROUND. THIS WILL BE A SLOW PROJECT.

STILL WORKING ON THIS LARGE GLAD DRAWING
THE LEAVES, BUDS AND STEMS ARE FINALLY COMPLETED. NEXT I'LL BE WORKING ON THE MAIN BLOOMS. ANOTHER SLOW PROJECT THAT CAN BE DELAYED FOR OTHER THINGS. I AM LOVING THE PROCESS ON THIS ONE,  GRAPHITE IS ONE SIMPLE PLEASURE TO USE.



HEADING HOME SELECTED FOR HWS 2012 OPEN SHOW


WHITE RAINBOWS SELECTED FOR HWS OPEN SHOW

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on heading home - love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meera, I appreciate your positive comment. Colleen.

      Delete
  2. Congradulations on the show, Colleen. And I can hardly wait to see more of the gladiola painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, I'll hopefully update more progress soon.
      Colleen

      Delete
  3. Great work! I had a real nice time visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit to my blog.
      Aloha, Colleen.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on my Paintings and Photographs. I love the feedback.